[Python-Dev] Backport of bytearray type and io module

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Mar 26 01:05:09 CET 2008

Christian Heimes schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I've successfully back ported the bytearray type and the io module from
> 3.0 to 2.6. The code is available in the branch trunk-bytearray [1]. I'm
> down to four failing byte tests and one failing io test. The failing
> byte tests are all related to pickling and subclassing.
>
> I like to get the remaining tests fixed for the upcoming release in a
> week. Please checkout the branch and help me figure out the remaining
> issues.

Follow up:

All failing bytearray tests were caused by subclasses of bytearray. I've
removed the Py_TPFLAGS_BASETYPE flag for now. Are you fine with the
inclusion of bytearray although it can't be subclassed?

I'm going to fix the last io bug now. I like to merge the backport of
bytearray and io before the next alpha gets shipped out.

Christian