[Python-Dev] PyCon: please review miy pending patches

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Mar 20 00:40:36 CET 2008

Dear sprinters!

I've a batch of pending patches I like to get into Python before the
next alphas are send out. The math, epoll/kqueue and shell folder
patches just need a review. The memory management patches are more
complex. Please refer to the thread "int/float freelists vs pymalloc", too.

epoll and kqueue patch:
http://bugs.python.org/issue1657

Mark's and my math branch:
trunk$ svnmerge.py merge -S
svn+ssh://pythondev@svn.python.org/python/branches/trunk-math

Windows shell folder patch for os.path:
http://bugs.python.org/issue1763

Memory management of ints, floats and longs
http://bugs.python.org/issue2039
http://bugs.python.org/issue2013

I've also two pending PEPs. I like to see at least PEP 370 in Python 2.6
and 3.0. It's not as intrusive as PEP 370 and IMHO very useful for
deployment of Python applications.

Post import hooks http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0369/

Per user site-packages directory http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0370/

Christian