[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] RELEASED Python 2.6b1 and 3.0b1

Leif Walsh adlaiff6 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 23:48:05 CEST 2008

There is a typo on the download page (http://python.org/download/releases/3.0/):

"""The release plan is to have a series of alpha releases in 2007,
beta releases in 2008, and a final release in September 2008. The
alpha releases are primarily aimed at developers who want a sneak peek
at the new langauge, especially those folks who plan to port their
code to Python 3000. The hope is that by the time of the final
release, many 3rd party packages will already be available in a
3.0-compatible form.
"""

Should be

"""The release plan is to have a series of alpha releases in 2007,
beta releases in 2008, and a final release in September 2008. The
alpha releases are primarily aimed at developers who want a sneak peek
at the new *language*, especially those folks who plan to port their
code to Python 3000. The hope is that by the time of the final
release, many 3rd party packages will already be available in a
3.0-compatible form.
"""

(I really need to add my other e-mail address to these lists...sorry
if my first message got through to one of them and this is a dupe.)

--
Cheers,
Leif