[Python-Dev] SVN IS OPEN

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jul 18 06:05:35 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> The releases have been made, so both the 3.0 branch and the trunk (2.6) are
> now open for commits.  Remember, there's only one more planned beta, and we
> /really/ want to try to hit the October 1st deadline.  Let's do everything
> we can to stabilize these releases, address the blockers, and turn those
> buildbots green.

Thanks Barry! Indeed, I want everyone to focus on stabilization and
release blockers (and the occasional speed-up). Be extra careful with
what you submit between now and October, ask for a code review unless
you're really sure. Also, remember, NO NEW FEATURES!

> Thanks everyone.
> - -Barry

And thanks Barry for doing the release!!!