[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] No beta2 tonight

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Jul 17 16:07:09 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 6:16 AM, Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3375: Guido (thanks guido) looked into this, and while I banged my
> head on it a lot yesterday - guido's identified the issue, and now I
> need to figure out a fix - help is welcome on this one.

You're welcome. I would have never found this if I hadn't had a
heightened awareness of the sys.path_importer_cache variable recently,
due to implementing a zipimport.py for Google App Engine. :-)

I can try looking for a fix later today (in a few hours). A very crude
fix would be to just remove all keys that have NullImporter values
from that variable just before attempting to import the module that
was just built. I'm hoping for something subtler though; I wonder if
there's an identifyable point where the lib directory got created.