[Python-Dev] Small RFEs and the Bug Tracker

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:06:50 CET 2008

2008/2/21, Gregory P. Smith <greg at krypto.org>:

> > That sounds eminently sensible. So sensible there should be
> > documentation that tells us to do that. Drat it, where's Brett Cannon
> > when you need him? :-)
>
> I'm always faced with a tiny quandry when closing a fixed bug that had a
> patch to fix it attached because both seem to apply.  ;-)

Yeap, and I'm sure I ave a % of wrongly marked issues when closing, :p.

Anyway, if a patch, and a bug, and a RFE, etc, are all "issues", IMHO
is cluttering the fact that we have two or three denominations to
"this issue was ok and we executed the proper actions to close it".

Everything in this aspect would be simpler if we have one word for
what I just meant.

Regards,

--
.    Facundo