[Python-Dev] Small RFEs and the Bug Tracker

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:01:44 CET 2008

Brett Cannon wrote:
> My issue with keeping the RFEs in the tracker as they are is that it
> artificially inflates the open issue count. Python does not have over
> 1,700 open bugs.

That's a problem with our status reporting, not with the fact that there
are RFE's in the issue tracker ;)

Adding a 'bug' keyword to go along with the existing 'rfe' keyword might
have some merit, allowing separate stats to be reported for 'rfe', 'bug'
and 'uncategorised' (neither the 'bug' nor the 'rfe' keywords have been
set).

It may also be interesting to separate out the documentation bugs (based
on the existing category field), as while those are traps for the unwary
and need to be fixed, they're easy to deal with once you realise that
the documentation is wrong.

Cheers,
Nick.