[Python-Dev] Should a change in search order of directories in setup.py be backported?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Feb 3 04:54:54 CET 2008

I found out that the directories listed in $CPPFLAGS and $LDFLAGS were
being added in reverse order in setup.py. That meant having ``-I/foo
-I/bar`` was searching /bar first. I fixed setup.py in the trunk so
that the declared order if followed instead.

But should this be backported? It will change how extensions are
compiled if there is more than one version on a machine. Not sure if
we want people to suddenly have what they link against change in a
micro release.

-Brett