[Python-Dev] I would like an svn account

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Wed Dec 31 01:55:40 CET 2008

Hi,

I already asked in September to get an svn account to be able to commit
directly patches to trunk (or other branches like py3k). My query was
rejected because I didn't know Python core enough (and maybe other reasons
that I don't know).

I helped to fix many issues using the bug tracker. The bigger patch was the
bytes filename support for Python3, accepted by Guido (after a long
review ;-)).

Why an svn account instead of just using the amazing bug tracker? Just because
there are not enough people to review/commit patches on the tracker and so
there are more and more open issues (and so more and more lost patches) :-( I
will be able to work faster using the svn.

--
Victor Stinner aka haypo
http://www.haypocalc.com/blog/