[Python-Dev] 3.0.1 possibilities

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:35:35 CET 2008

Brett Cannon wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 05:11, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>>> Does your okay include or exclude new internal APIs like new helper
>>> functions or a new C modules?
>> I /personally/ don't have a problem with that, but we need consensus before
>> that becomes policy.
> Internal as in just for us I am fine with, but not nothing publicly available.

Where would adding a (undocumented) get_filename() method to ZipImporter
objects for the benefit of the -m switch fit then? There are a few
things which don't always work properly because runpy doesn't currently
know how to set __file__ properly when the module comes a zipfile.

Although now that I think about it, I could actually fix that "the right
way" (with a documented get_filename() method on ZipImporter) for 2.7
and 3.1, while using a runpy internal workaround specifically for
ZipImporter instances in the maintenance branches...

Cheers,
Nick.