[Python-Dev] Should we help pythonmac.org?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Aug 18 23:42:53 CEST 2008

Someone told me the other day that macports made for difficult installs,
but not being a Mac user I wasn't in a position to evaluate the advice.

I can see the desirability of having a Python-specific domain, but then
again if the pydotorg team were going to maintain the content then they
might just as well maintain it under python.org. I really do think it
would be better if the Mac downloads were available from the same site
as all the others, but I don't know whether we have the manpower and
skills available to cut the releases and maintain the additional content.

I'm copying the pydotorg list to see what, if anything, they have to say
about it. That's where the work is likely to land, so we'd better know
in advance if it would cause problems.

regards
  Steve

--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119