[Python-Dev] ssl module integration with asyncore

Giampaolo Rodola' gnewsg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 19:37:38 CET 2007

Hi there,
since ssl module is still in development I thought it would have been
better asking such question here instead of on comp.lang.python.
I'm interested in using the ssl module with asyncore but since there's
no real documentation about it yet I've been not able to write
something useful with it.

Currently I'm trying to add the SSL support to an asyncore-based FTP
server I wrote.
I tried to write some code by watching the ssl-related test-suite
scripts with no luck since there are no available tests for asyncore
available.

I tried to play with the wrap_socket() function a little bit but
different type of errors are raised every time.
I'm sure this happens because I'm not doing things in the right way.
Could someone please show me an example code about how the ssl module
could be integrated with asyncore?