[Python-Dev] Adventures with x64, VS7 and VS8 on Windows

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Tue May 29 18:36:45 CEST 2007

At 1:14 PM +0000 5/29/07, Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
> [...]

I pounded my head against this issue when working on a .bat file a few
years back, until I read the help for cmd and saw the quote logic (and
switched to VBScript).  It's still there, in "help cmd".  I had once found
references to the same issue for the run command in Microsoft's online help.

Perhaps it is fixed in SP2. If so, just change it and don't worry about
users with earlier versions of Windows.