[Python-Dev] Adventures with x64, VS7 and VS8 on Windows

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sat May 26 19:54:55 CEST 2007

At 12:20 PM +0000 5/26/07, Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
> [...]

Microsoft's command line cannot cope with two pathnames that must be
quoted, so if the command path itself must be quoted, then no argument to
the command can be quoted.  There are tricky hacks that can work around
this mind-boggling stupidity, but life is simpler if Python itself doesn't
use up the one quoted pathname.  I don't know if Microsoft has had the good
sense to fix this in Vista (which I probably will never use, since an
alternative exists), but they didn't in XP.