[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat May 19 04:50:47 CEST 2007

Terry Reedy writes:

 > Why not simply embargo any post with an off-site link?  Tho there might
 > have been some, I can't remember a single example of such at SF.

Fine by me; if it doesn't happen often, then embargoing them would be
fine.  My occasional experience with distro reporting processes shows
that they happen a fair amount there (often as a reference to an
upstream or downstream bug report).  The major ones can probably be
special-cased easily as needed.

 > I don't get [the short preview idea], but it sounds like more work
 > than simple embargo.

It would be.  It is a use-case that according to your explanation
doesn't apply to Python's tracker, so a YAGNI until proved otherwise.

 > I think html attachments should also be embargoed (I believe this is what I
 > saw a couple of months ago.)  And perhaps the account uploading an html
 > file.

Sounds OK to me, except that there are some modules that handle HTML
(and XML? can that be practically distinguished from HTML?), and I
would suppose people would want upload examples and test cases.