[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

Mike Klaas mike.klaas at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:11:24 CEST 2007

On 15-May-07, at 12:32 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:

> There are two problems with this:
> * The set of questions is limited, and bots can be programmed to
> know them all.

Sure, but if someone is customizing their bot to python's issue
tracker, in all likelyhood they would have to be dealt with specially
anyway.    Foiling automated bots shoud be the first priority--they
should represent the vast majority of cases.

> * Even programmers might not immediately know an answer, and I can
> understand
>   them turning away on that occasion (take for example the "name-
> binding" term).

It would be hard to make it so easy that anyone with business
submitting a bug report should know the answer:

What python keyword is used to define a function?
What file extension is typically used for python source files?
etc.

If there is still worry, then a failed answer could simply be the
moderation trigger.

-Mike