[Python-Dev] New operations in Decimal

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat May 12 01:46:36 CEST 2007

Terry Reedy wrote:

> "Raymond Hettinger" <python at rcn.com> wrote in message

> | While I question the sanity of the spec writers in this case, I do trust
> that
> | overall, they have provided an extremely well thought-out spec, have gone
> | through extensive discussion/feedback cycles, and have provided a
> thorough
> | test-suite.  It is as good as it gets.
>
> I had the same opinion until I saw the logic stuff.

The only rationale I can think of for such a thing is
that maybe they're trying to accommodate the possibility
of a machine built entirely around a hardware implementation
of the spec, that doesn't have any other way of doing
bitwise logical operations.

If that's the case, then Python clearly has no need
for it.

--
Greg