[Python-Dev] head crashing (was: Fwd: [Python-checkins] buildbot warnings in x86 mvlgcc trunk)

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue May 1 09:27:30 CEST 2007

In rev 54982 (the first time this crash was seen), I see something
which might create a problem.  In python/trunk/Modules/posixmodule.c
(near line 6300):

+       PyMem_FREE(mode);
       Py_END_ALLOW_THREADS

Can you call PyMem_FREE() without the GIL held?  I couldn't find it
documented either way.

Of the 3 failures I know of, below is the intersection of the tests
that were run prior to crashing:

set(['test_threadedtempfile', 'test_cgi', 'test_dircache', 'test_set',
'test_binascii', 'test_imp', 'test_multibytecodec', 'test_weakref',
'test_ftplib', 'test_posixpath', 'test_xmlrpc', 'test_urllibnet',
'test_old_mailbox', 'test_distutils', 'test_site', 'test_runpy',
'test_fork1', 'test_traceback'])