[Python-Dev] Patch 1644818: Allow importing built-in submodules

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 12 15:39:03 CET 2007

Miguel Lobo schrieb:
> Also, seeing that there are almost 400 open patches in the patch
> tracker, I'm concerned that this patch will be forgotten and left to
> rot, which would be a pity IMO.

Of course, the submitters of the 300 other patches say the same. It is
just too difficult to catch up, so yes, there is a high chance that it
will rot for a while.

Personally, I can't apply it as-is right now, since a) I would have to
check that the test case conditionalization works fine, and b) I would
have to come up with a patch for the Windows build process. This
requires considerably more time than it requires to write this message.

If you want to prioritize it over the other 300 patches, I can offer
you a fast-track procedure if you in turn review 5 other patches.

Regards,
Martin