[Python-Dev] Extending Python by Adding Keywords & Data types

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Jul 31 21:04:47 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007, Vishak Srinivas wrote:

> I am using python v2.5 and I am an amateur working on python. I am extending
> python for my research work and would like some help and guidance w.r.t this
> matter from you experienced python developers.
>
> II want to add some more KEYWORDS and DATATYPES into the python script apart
> from the existing ones.
>
> It would be really great if anybody could guide me as which files and
> modules I need to look to make these additions and enhancements to the
> existing python version. Thanks a lot in advance and your help is really
> appreciated.

python-dev is probably not the right place for this discussion.  You have
three good options:

* If you want to propose new keywords and types to get included into the
base language, you should use the python-ideas list.

* If you're doing this for yourself, use comp.lang.python or the capi-sig
list.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.