[Python-Dev] Subversion branch merging

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Jul 12 23:54:27 CEST 2007

On 7/12/07, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> I'm tasked with performing a number of merge operations across
> various Python branches. Can somebody please share a command
> line that I should use to continue with the merge tracking that
> has been used? Is that documented somewhere?

You mean using svnmerge?  If so, see the dev FAQ:
http://www.python.org/dev/faq/#how-do-i-merge-branches .  If you are
after something else then I don't know.  =)

I do know, though, that Thomas kept talking about moving us over to
Bazaar (or some distributed VCS) and instead of having a ton of svn
branches we have distributed VCS branch for each feature in Py3K.
That way the VCS's strong merge system would work in our favour for
pulling in from the various Py3K branches and for eventual mainline
merging.

-Brett