[Python-Dev] Need help fixing failing Py3k Unittests in py3k-struni

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Wed Jul 11 11:39:18 CEST 2007

Christian Heimes schrieb:

> By the way the ctypes unit tests are causing a segfault on my machine:
> test_ctypes
> Warning: could not import ctypes.test.test_numbers: unpack requires a
> string argument of length 1
> Segmentation fault
>
> Ubunutu 7.04 on i386 machine with an Intel P3.

I can reproduce this.  ctypes.test.test_numbers is easy to fix, but there
are other severe problems with ctypes.

I would love to look into these, but I prefer debugging on Windows.
However, the windows build does not work because the _fileio builtin
module is missing from config.c.  Again, this is not so easy to fix,
because the ftruncate function does not exist on Windows.

Thomas