[Python-Dev] Summary: rejection of 'dynamic attribute' syntax

Ben North ben at redfrontdoor.org
Thu Feb 15 23:24:46 CET 2007

glyph at divmod.com wrote:
 > I'm suggesting that the standards of the community in _evaluating_ to
 > the proposals should be clearer

Perhaps I didn't need to take your initial comments personally then,
sorry :-)

I do see what you're pointing out: the later part of the "dynamic
attribute" discussion was where the question of whether python really
needs new syntax for this was addressed, and the outcome made the
earlier discussion of "x.[y]" vs "x.(y)" vs "x.{y}" vs "x->y"
etc. irrelevant.

Ben.