[Python-Dev] Cygwin: Problem detecting subprocess termination after _spawn_posix in distutils?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 1 07:48:00 CEST 2007

> The only environment variables that don't appear in the shell output
> from the env command are INFOPATH, MAKE_MODE and PLAT. I am still flummoxed.

At this point, I'd recommend to perform a cygwin update; with Cygwin,
these problems often go away with an update.

If that doesn't help, you can ask on the Cygwin list also; to analyse
this further, ISTM one will need to debug the internals of cygwin.

One thing you could try is to add -v to the list of gcc options;
you can then see whether gcc is progressing correctly.

Regards,
Martin