[Python-Dev] Python 2.5.1

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 29 09:59:47 CEST 2007

Khalid A. Bakr schrieb:
> For reference, this is the result of running the
> regression tests of the official Python 2.5.1 (final)
> on Win98. I think I saw it in the installtion screen
> that Python 2.5 is the last release to support Win98.
>
> Even though the unicode tests failing might be
> expected, what interested me was the fact that
> test_1565150 of test_os failed. Details follow.

Ah, ok. This means that the test is bogus. On Win95
(and, strictly speaking, NT+ installed on FAT), the
test will certainly fail, because FAT has no subsecond
resolution for file modification times (it doesn't
even have second resolution - the granularity is 2s).

This failure does not bother me much - os.stat itself
works just fine on this system. If you want to contribute
a patch to skip the test on W9x, please go ahead - but
IMO, there is no harm done having this test fail on
W9x for the rest of 2.5.x.

Regards,
Martin