[Python-Dev] inspect.py very slow under 2.5

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 12:59:01 CEST 2006

Ralf Schmitt wrote:
> Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> Good point. I modified the patch so it does the latter (it only calls
>> getabspath() again for a module if the value of module.__file__ changes).
>
> with _filesbymodname[modname] = file changed to _filesbymodname[modname]
> = f
> it seems to work ok.

I checked the inspect module unit tests and discovered the test for this
function was only covering one of the half dozen possible execution paths.

I've updated the patch on SF, and committed the fix (including PJE's and
Neal's comments) to the trunk.

I'll backport it tomorrow night (assuming I don't hear any objections in the
meantime :).

Cheers,
Nick.