[Python-Dev] Python unit tests failing on Pybots farm

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 01:48:35 CEST 2006

On 10/19/06, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> On 10/19/06, Grig Gheorghiu <grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/19/06, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Possibly.  If you look at the reason those tests failed it is because
> > > time.strftime is missing for some odd reason.  But none of recent
> checkins
> > > seem to have anything to do with the 'time' module, let alone with how
> > > methods are added to modules (Martin's recent checkins have been for
> > > PyArg_ParseTuple).
> > >
> > > -Brett
> >
> > Could there possible be a side effect of the PyArg_ParseTuple changes?
>
> I doubt that, especially since I just updated my pristine checkout and
> test_time passed fine.
>
> -Brett

OK, I deleted the checkout directory on one of my buidslaves and
re-ran the build steps. The tests passed. So my conclusion is that a
full rebuild is needed for the tests to pass after the last checkins
(which included files such as configure and configure.in).

The Python buildbots are doing full rebuilds every time, that's why
they're green and happy, but the Pybots are just doing incremental
builds.

Maybe the makefiles should be modified so that a full rebuild is
triggered when the configure and configure.in files are changed?

At this point, I'll have to tell all the Pybots owners to delete their
checkout directories and start a new build.

Grig