[Python-Dev] 2.3.6 for the unicode buffer overrun

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Oct 14 07:58:59 CEST 2006

Tim Peters schrieb:
> FYI, I still have the Wise Installer.  But since my understanding is
> that the "Unicode buffer overrun" thingie is a non-issue on Windows,
> I've got no interest in wrestling with a 2.3.6 for Windows.

In 2.3.6, there wouldn't just be that change, but also a few other
changes that have been collected, some relevant for Windows as well:
there are several updates to the email package, and a fix to pcre
to prevent a buffer overrun.

I'm not saying that you should produce a Windows binary then, just
that it would be good if one was produced if there was another
release. Of course, people might also get the binaries from ActiveState
should they produce some.

Regards,
Martin