[Python-Dev] Plea to distribute debugging lib

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Oct 13 00:53:55 CEST 2006

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Dave Abrahams schrieb:
>> The only problem here is that there appears to be a lag in the release of
>> ActivePython after Python itself is released.
>>
>> Is there any chance of putting up just the debugging libraries a little earlier?
>
> I may be out of context here: what is the precise problem in producing
> them yourself? Why do you need somebody else to do it for you?

At the moment I have too weak a server to provide those files, but
that will change very soon.  All that said, the Python and ActiveState
teams need to be aware of each and every Python release and go through
a standard release procedure anyway, whereas -- except for this
problem -- I would not.  I'm willing to try to add it if that's what
works, and of course it's easy for me to say, but I think it adds a
lot more overhead for me than it would for the other two groups.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting