[Python-Dev] Python 2.5 performance

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Thu Oct 12 23:07:44 CEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 11:00:09PM +0200, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:
> Kristj?n V. J?nsson schrieb:
> > This is an improvement of another 3.5 %.
> > In all, we have a performance increase of more than 10%.
> > Granted, this is from a single set of runs, but I think we should start
> > considering to make PCBuild8 a "supported" build.
>
> What do you mean by that? That Python 2.5.1 should be compiled with
> VC 2005? Something else (if so, what)?

i read that as just suggesting that updates should be checked into the
release25-maint tree to get PCBuild8 working out of the box for anyone
who wants to build python from source with vs2005.

Since 2.5 has already shipped built with vs2003 all of the 2.5.x
releases should continue to use that so that third party binary
modules continue to work across 2.5.x versions.

-g