[Python-Dev] what's really new in python 2.5 ?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Oct 3 16:30:15 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:56:54PM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> just noticed that the first google hit for "what's new in python 2.5":
>
>     http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/whatsnew25.html
>
> points to a document that's a weird mix between that actual document, and
> a placeholder for "what's new in python 2.6".

Thanks for pointing this out!  I've added a redirect from
/whatsnew25.html to the correct location, but am puzzled by the 2.6
document; it has section names like 'pep-308.html', which are set by a
\label{pep-308} directive in the LaTeX, but no such \label exists in
the 2.6 document.

Neal, could you please delete all the temp files in whatever directory
is used to build the documentation?  I wonder if there's a *.aux file
or something that still has labels from the 2.5 document.  It might be
easiest to just delete the whatsnew/ directory and then do an 'svn up'
to get it back.

--amk