[Python-Dev] 2.4.4 fixes

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Oct 3 15:40:51 CEST 2006

I've gone through the 'backport candidate' bugs listed on
<http://wiki.python.org/moin/Python24Fixes> and applied most of them.

Some I didn't apply because I don't understand them well enough to
determine if they're correct for 2.4:

	* r47061 (recursionerror fix)
	* r46602 (tokenizer.c bug; patch doesn't apply cleanly)
	* r46589 (let dicts propagate eq errors; dictresize bug -- this led
          to a big long 2.5 discussion, so I won't backport.  Maybe someone
          can extract just the dictresize bugfix.)
	* r39044 (A C threading API bug)

There are also some other bugs listed on the wiki page that involve
metaclasses; I'm not going to touch them.

subprocess.py received a number of bugfixes in 2.5, but also some API
additions.  Can someone please look at these and apply the fixes?

The wiki page now lists all the revisions stemming from valgrind and
Klocwork errors.  There are a lot of them; more volunteers will be
necessary if they're all to get looked at and possibly backported.

--amk