[Python-Dev] Tix not included in 2.5 for Windows

Sun Oct 1 01:28:24 CEST 2006

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> On 9/30/06, Scott David Daniels <Scott.Daniels at acm.org> wrote:
>> Christos Georgiou wrote:
>>> Does anyone know why this happens? I can't find any information pointing to
>>> this being deliberate.
>> Also note: the Os/X universal seems to include a Tix runtime for the
>>             non-Intel processor, but not for the Intel processor.  This
>>             makes me think there is a build problem.
>
> Are you sure about that? What file are you referring to specifically?

OK, from the 2.5 universal: (hand-typed, I e-mail from another machine)

=========== Using Idle ===========
 >>> import Tix
 >>> Tix.Tk()

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "(pyshell#8)", line 1, in (module)
     Tix.Tk()
   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
                     lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tix.py", line 210 in __init__
     self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
TclError: no suitable image found.  Did find:
     /Library/Tcl/Tix8.4/libTix8.4.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture.

=========== From the command line ===========

 >>> import Tix
 >>> Tix.Tk()

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in (module)
   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
                     lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tix.py", line 210 in __init__
     self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
_tkinter.TclError: no suitable image found.  Did find:
     /Library/Tcl/Tix8.4/libTix8.4.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture.

-- Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org