[Python-Dev] Results of the SOC projects

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Nov 16 20:41:16 CET 2006

On 11/15/06, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this might seem a bit late, and perhaps I was just blind,
> but I miss something like a summary how the Python
> summer of code projects went, and what the status of the ones
> that were meant to improve the standard library, e.g. the
> C decimal implementation, is.

There was never a formal one to my knowledge.  Part of the problem is that
the PSF acted as a blanket organization this year so we just basically
helped dole out slots to various Python projects.  This meant it was not
under very centralized control and thus not easy to track.

Anyway, as for the python-dev projects, there is an email in another thread
about the zip work.  As for the adding of logging to the stdlib modules or
the decimal in C, we need the mentors to step forward and say something
about that.

-Brett