[Python-Dev] PEP-xxx: Unification of for statement and list-comp syntax

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sun May 21 18:08:08 CEST 2006

On 5/21/06, Heiko Wundram <me+python-dev at modelnine.org> wrote:
> Am Sonntag 21 Mai 2006 17:38 schrieb Guido van Rossum:
> > This was proposed and rejected before.
>
> I haven't seen this proposed before (at least not in PEP form, or with a
> working implementation against the current trunk, or just in some form of
> mail on python-dev), so that's why I posted this. But, if I've really
> repeated things that were proposed before, feel free to ignore this.

While this has been proposed before, I'd like to thank you for putting
together a full PEP and a working implementaiton.  I think you should
still submit the PEP, if for nothing else so that when the issue comes
up again, we can point to the PEP and explain that Guido's already
rejected it.

Steve
--
Grammar am for people who can't think for myself.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy