[Python-Dev] Building with VS 2003 .NET

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon May 15 17:39:17 CEST 2006

On 5/15/06, R. Christian Call <rccall at optonline.net> wrote:
> I recently checked out the 2006-02-04 python trunk, but I can't get it
> to build in Visual Studio 2003 .NET.
>
> When I open up the PCbuild\pcbuild.sln file in VS2003 .NET and then try
> to build the solution, I get the following errors:
>
> fatal error C1083:  Cannot open include file: 'bzlib.h': No such file or
> directory
> fatal error C1083:  Cannot open include file: 'tcl.h': No such file or
> directory
> fatal error C1083:  Cannot open include file: 'tcl.h': No such file or
> directory
> error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile
> project actions"
> fatal error C1083:  Cannot open include file: 'dbl.h': No such file or
> directory
>
> I'm surprised, and mystified, by this--since it seems to me that the
> .sln file ought to build properly.
>
> Is there something else I need to check out from subversion in order to
> get the code to build?
>
> I'd appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

Python depends on a number of external libraries (TCL, BZip2, Berkeley
DB). You need to obtain and set up these libraries, or disable these
extensions. Full details are in the "readme.txt" file in the PCBuild
directory. You should read and follow the instructions there.

You should probably post questions like this to the comp.lang.python newsgroup.

Paul.