[Python-Dev] PEP 3102: Keyword-only arguments

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sun May 7 20:25:07 CEST 2006

On 5/7/06, BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do know enough about Python to know that the make_person function is
> a really bad example.

Totally agreed.  I've been ignoring most of that discussion because it
seemed really irrelevant.

> would be nice to instead see some real examples of the usefulness of
> the required keyword-only arguments.

The most obvious one to me is the optparse module, where add_option
takes all kinds of different keyword arguments, and there's really no
intention of these ever being specified as positional arguments:
    http://docs.python.org/lib/module-optparse.html

STeVe
--
Grammar am for people who can't think for myself.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy