[Python-Dev] Python long command line options

Heiko Wundram me+python-dev at modelnine.org
Thu May 4 22:12:09 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag 04 Mai 2006 21:25 schrieb Heiko Wundram:
> 2) -? and /? are recognized on Windows, as are /help and /version,
>    because / is just a different longopt-specifier on Windows for the
>    getopt machinery in _PyOS_GetOpt

Just on a side-note: I chose for '/' to be a long-opt identifier on Windows,
because it is for pretty much any Microsoft programming tool out there,
starting with the linker, ending with the compiler of MSVC++, amongst others.

I know that shell commands such as dir, etc. take / to be similar to - on *nix
(as single character command line arguments), but I guess the former is more
useful. It's no problem to change this behaviour, though.

--- Heiko.