[Python-Dev] more pyref: a better term for "string conversion"

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon May 1 23:05:43 CEST 2006

Backticks certainly are deprecated -- Py3k won't have them (nor will
they become available for other syntax; they are undesirable
characters due to font issues and the tendency of word processing
tools to generate backticks in certain cases where you type forward
ticks).

So it would be a good idea to document them as a deprecated syntax for
spelling repr().

--Guido