[Python-Dev] Win64 AMD64 (aka x64) binaries available64

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Mar 30 19:35:41 CEST 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Thomas Heller wrote:
>> Is this no longer available?
>
> Sorry, I just deleted that. I now replaced it with
> python-2.5.13231.amd64.msi

Thanks, I'll try that.

>> BTW: When I build Python for ReleaseAMD64 myself, the exe crashes at the first
>> Py_BuildValue call.
>
> That doesn't happen for me... can you find out why it crashes? (and what
> is the buildvalue call it crashes on)?

In sys_getwindowsversion:

	return Py_BuildValue("HHHHs",
	                     ver.dwMajorVersion,
	                     ver.dwMinorVersion,
	                     ver.dwBuildNumber,
	                     ver.dwPlatformId,
	                     ver.szCSDVersion);

The crash disappears if I change the first parameter in the Py_BuildValue call to "LLLLs".  No idea why.
With this change, I can start the exe without a crash, but sys.versioninfo starts with (IIRC) (2, 0, 5,...).

Thomas