[Python-Dev] sys.settrace() in Python 2.3 vs. 2.4

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Fri Jun 30 22:27:24 CEST 2006

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> Josiah Carlson wrote:
> > Any pointers as to why there is a difference would be appreciated.
>
> This was fixed in r35540, r35541, r35542, r35543, by Nick Bastin
> and Armin Rigo, in response to #765624. Enough pointers :-?

Yes, thank you Martin.  I would guess it wasn't backported to the 2.3
branch due to a change in the maybe_call_line_trace() definition, which
answers my question, but makes me sad (I wanted this functionality
*pout*).

I'll just have to gracefully degrade functionality for older Pythons.
Thank you again Martin,
 - Josiah