[Python-Dev] ImportWarning flood

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jun 26 19:34:09 CEST 2006

Benji York <benji at benjiyork.com> writes:

> Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> Perhaps ImportWarning should default to being ignored, the same way
>> PendingDeprecationWarning does?
>>
>> Then -Wd would become 'the one obvious way' to debug import problems
>
> +1

I'm not sure what this would achieve -- people who don't know enough
about Python to add __init__.py files aren't going to know enough to
make suppressed-by-default warnings not suppressed.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of saying
something when an import fails only because of a missing __init__.py
file.  I guess I should try to implement it...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I also feel it essential to note, [...], that Description Logics,
  non-Monotonic Logics, Default Logics and Circumscription Logics