[Python-Dev] Updating packages from external ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jun 13 19:17:00 CEST 2006

I just tried to upgrade Tools/pybench/ to my latest version,
so I imported pybench-2.0 into the externals/ tree and then
tried copying over the new version into the Tools/pybench/
trunk.

Unfortunately the final copy didn't actually replace the files in
Tools/pybench/ but instead created a sub-directory with name
"pybench-2.0".

Here's the command I used:

svn copy svn+pythonssh://pythondev@svn.python.org/external/pybench-2.0  \
         svn+pythonssh://pythondev@svn.python.org/python/trunk/Tools/pybench

Am I missing some final slash in the copy command or is there
a different procedure which should be followed for these upgrades,
such as e.g. remove the package directory first, then copy over
the new version ?

Thanks for any help,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 13 2006)