[Python-Dev] Python Benchmarks

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jun 7 16:23:47 CEST 2006

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
[...]
> Overall, time.clock() on Windows and time.time() on Linux appear
> to give the best repeatability of tests, so I'll make those the
> defaults in pybench 2.0.
>
> In short: Tim wins, I lose.
>
> Was a nice experiment, though ;-)

Perhaps so, but it would have been nice if you could have come to this
conclusion before asking me not to make this change, which would
otherwise have been checked in two weeks ago.

Still, as long as we can all agree on this and move forward I suppose
the intervening debate at least leaves us better-informed.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com