[Python-Dev] Testing Socket Timeouts patch 1519025

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jul 31 04:34:03 CEST 2006

Tony Nelson schrieb:
> Hmm.  Well, it would make the test possible on MSWindows as well as on OS's
> implementing alarm(2).  If I figure out how to build Python on MSWindows, I
> might give it a try.  I tried to get MSVC 7.1 via the .Net SDK, but it
> installed VS 8 instead, so I'm not quite sure how to proceed.

The .NET SDK (any version) is not suitable to build Python. You really
need VS 2003; if you don't have it anymore, you might be able to find
a copy of the free version of the VC Toolkit 2003 (VCToolkitSetup.exe)
somewhere.

Of course, just for testing, you can also install VS Express 2005, and
use the PCbuild8 projects directory; these changes should work the
same under both versions.

Regards,
Martin