[Python-Dev] Please comment on PEP 357 -- adding nb_index slot to PyNumberMethods

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:48:27 CET 2006

Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
>     3) A new C-API function PyNumber_Index will be added with signature
>
>        Py_ssize_t PyNumber_index (PyObject *obj)

There's a typo in the function name here. Other than that, the PEP looks
pretty much fine to me.

About the only other quibble is that it could arguably do with a link to the
thread where we discussed (and discarded) 'discrete' and 'ordinal' as
alternative names (you mention the discussion, but don't give a reference).

Cheers,
Nick.