[Python-Dev] http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel still available

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:09:36 CET 2006

On 2/13/06, Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at acm.org> wrote:
> On Monday 13 February 2006 10:03, Georg Brandl wrote:
>  > The above docs are from August 2005 while docs.python.org/dev is current.
>  > Shouldn't the old docs be removed?
>
> I'm afraid I've generally been too busy to chime in much on this topic, but
> I've spent a bit of time thinking about it, and would like to keep on top of
> the issue still.

Fred,

While you are here, are you planning to do the doc releases for 2.5?
You are tentatively listed in PEP 356.  (Technically it says TBD with
a ? next to your name.)

> The automatically-maintained version of the development docs is certainly
> preferrable to the manually-maintained-by-me version, and I've updated the
> link from www.python.org/doc/ to refer to that version for now.  However, I
> do have some concerns about how this is all structured still.

I think this was the quick hack I did.  I hope there are many
concerns. :-)  For example, if the doc build fails, ...  Hmmm, this
probably isn't a problem.  The doc won't be updated, but will still be
the last good version.  So if I send mail when the doc doesn't build,
then it might not be so bad.  Will have to test this.  I still need to
switch over the failure mails to go to python-checkins.  There are too
many right now though.  Unless people don't mind getting several
messages about refleaks every day?  Anyone?

That shouldn't be a problem.  See http://docs.python.org/dev/2.4/