[Python-Dev] Let's just *keep* lambda

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Feb 10 04:49:13 CET 2006

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone wrote:

> when some_operation_that_results_in_a_deferred() -> result:
>     if result == 'Initial Value':
>         when work_on_result_and_return_a_deferred(result) -> inner_res:
>             print inner_res
>     else:
>         print "No work on result"
>     reactor.stop()

Hmmm. This looks remarkably similar to something I got half
way through dreaming up a while back, that I was going to
call "Simple Continuations" (by analogy with "Simple Generators").
Maybe I should finish working out the details and write it up.

On the other hand, it may turn out that it's subsumed by
the new enhanced generators plus a trampoline.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiam!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |