[Python-Dev] Python modules should link to libpython

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 8 20:18:40 CET 2006

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> My explanation seems to be bad, I meant to say sharing extensions across
> different builds of the same Python version. One might install a normal
> unix build in /opt/python and a framework build in /Library/Frameworks.

Sorry, I didn't read your message carefully enough. This isn't a problem
in Unix/ELF: you (normally) only put the name of the library into the
resulting executable/library, not the absolute path. You then use
the library search path (system-defined or LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to find the
library.

Regards,
Martin