[Python-Dev] Compiler warnings

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:29:16 CET 2006

[Thomas Wouters]
> Well, I said 4.0.3, and that was wrong. It's actually a pre-release of 4.0.3
> (in Debian's 'unstable' distribution.) However, 4.0.2 (the actual release)
> behaves the same way. The normal make process shows quite a lot of output on
> systems that use gcc, so I wouldn't be surprised if people did ignore it,
> for the most part.

Does it really?  It's completely warning-free on Windows, and that's
the intent, and it takes ongoing work to keep it that way.  Over at,
e.g.,

    http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/g5%20osx.3%20trunk/builds/46/step-compile/0

I only see one gcc warning, coming from Python/Python-ast.c.  I
suppose that isn't a complete build, though.